With modular, off-site construction, your home is built in a climate-controlled environment safe from weather, theft, and vandalism. Our expert craftsman also utilize modern technology to build your home stronger than traditional site built housing. The modular building process also enables us to complete your project in just over half the time of site built construction. We invite you to visit our partners production facilities to see for yourself how incredible this building process is.
At Continental Homes our theme is “from dirt to drywall”. Our team can handle your entire project.
- designing your custom plan
- foundation construction
- utilities installation
- setting the home on the foundation
- interior finish
- adding custom features such as porches, decks, patios, and other amenities to make your home uniquely yours.
With site-built construction, contractors do not really “build” a home, they assemble componants like we do. Site-builders purchase building components (i.e. roof trusses, studs, floor joist, OSB decking, windows, doors, cabinets, drywall, shingles, electrical wire, bath fixtures, floor coverings, etc.) from local building supply companies that ship these materials to the individual job sites for assembly. At each job site, the materials they use are exposed to weather, theft and vandalism as well as the site-built assembly process is extremely inefficient.
In contrast, our modular manufacturing partners purchase brand name materials direct from the suppliers in large quantities and assemble them in their production facility under controlled conditions, out of the weather. Using sophisticated cutting equipment, precision jigs and overhead cranes to assemble components, the craftsmen that build your home have the benefit of working under “ideal conditions” resulting in efficient and timely construction of your new home.
Building modular, off-site constructed homes allows for substantial cost savings in almost every area of the building and financing process. Here’s how:
• Bulk Material Purchases: Our manufacturing partners purchase lumber and brand name materials in huge quantities resulting in lower cost.
• Controlled Environment: A clean plant, indoors, avoiding inclement weather, result in greater labor efficiencies, lowering costs.
• Less Material Waste: Recycling plus warehousing our materials in a secure environment, with protection from weather and job site theft, lower cost.
• Manufacturing Technology: Precision equipment and efficient material handling result in more accurate construction with fewer mistakes and lower cost.
• Quality Control: Our homes are built to the appropriate building code required by each state, inspected by both Crest and Independent Third Party Inspection Agencies . This results in fewer construction errors and lower costs.
• Construction Time Period: Since our homes are delivered to the job site about 75 percent complete, total construction time is greatly reduced, incurring less interest and quicker occupancy.
• House Plans: Our manufacturers provide the necessary plans for building permits and complete construction without requiring an architect, lowering costs.
• Financing Cost: Quicker construction time with fewer interest charges result in less cost.
All of our modular, off-site constructed homes comply with the International Residential Code (I.R.C.) as well as the National Electrical Code. These are the same State and Local building codes that your local site builders have to comply with.
Every home we build is inspected by an independent third party inspection agency to see that they conform to each state’s building code. Each home undergoes rigid quality control inspections and testing from framing to final finishing details including electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
Your energy cost will depend greatly on where you live, what type of heating (natural gas, propane gas, electric or oil) and your life style. Each one of our homes is built with energy conservation in mind. Come in and visit with us and let us show you our energy saving features.
Your safety is first and foremost in our product development. Every off-site manufactured home has built-in safety features to protect you and your family and includes the following features:
• All of our homes are built to meet the state and local building codes and are inspected by an internal Quality Assurance Department, an Independent Third Party Agency and by State Inspectors.
• Smoke Detectors are supplied for all bedroom areas as well as for each living level according to National Electric Code. All smoke detectors are hardwired interconnected with battery backup. When one smoke detector goes off, they all go off.
• Ground fault protection is provided for all kitchen, bathroom and exterior receptacles as per National Electric Code.
• All copper wiring and circuit breaker electrical control panels.
• Dead bolt locks are supplied on all exterior doors.
• Anti-scald control valves are supplied on all tubs and showers
• All bedroom windows are sized to meet egress requirements.
Every home we build has a one year warranty direct from our manufacturers against structural failure. Each home also has separate warranties from all the different manufactured components used in your home such as: siding, windows, doors, roof shingles, bathtubs, faucets, appliances, etc. During our final walk-through with you, we will provide you a homeowner’s packet that includes all the necessary warranty information and phone numbers. We can also provide you with details on additional extended structural warranty coverage. You can rest assured that once you have moved into your new home, we will provide professional and timely service to further ensure your willingness to promote our company.
© Continental Estates, Inc. - Maumee/Wauseon | All Rights Reserved
702 Illinois Ave. • Maumee, OH 43537
Work419-893-0330 (phone) • Fax419-893-1526 (fax)